Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The dogs have not yet been out of the perimeter unsupervised! And Zoe even took them out. The rule, mostly, has been to do it separately. Mom and I (yes, that's right!) took them on a long walk in the neighborhood today - she got Mimsy, who pulled and tracked the entire way. Athena was relatively manageable. Mimsy appears to respond consistently to the flags next to the driveway - thinks the only safe way out is through the driveway, but she's been careful about that, too.

We got a new cat today! A calico kitten was stuck in the fence at McGuffey, and we just couldn't resist. Absolutely adorable, older than Moo when she arrived. Squalls up a storm. Lovely with people. Name suggestions?

Mimsy's appetite seems definitely down, though her energy is not, I think. Got her staples out today - everything looks good.

Risty put the phone down her pajamas today, and it got stuck at her foot. She kept kicking both feet in the air to try to shake it out, but it just wouldn't work. KK reports she has wanted to sleep lots and lots yesterday and today. Sleeping normally here, though through the night yesterday. I suspect she's finding it tiring with you off on Asian adventure. She's been pretty usual otherwise.

While we were reading the Richard Scarry book, she was pointing out the boats, I was saying 'boat,' and she'd say, 'buh.' Then she pointed quizzically at a mouse in a crowd. I said, 'mouse,' and she sucked on her fingers. I said, 'mouse,' and she moved her hand back and forth across her teeth, frowning at me. I said, 'mouse,' and she stuffed her whole hand in her mouth, shaking her head. 'Oh!' I said, 'mouth!' and she beamed.

P.S. - just kidding about the calico. He was at school. He will be staying at school, or going home with somebody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment